Bridge Team Resource Management
The trainees who successfully complete this course will have enhanced their navigational and ship handling skills under various conditions and will make a more effective contribution to the bridge team during ship maneuvering in normal and emergency situations.
In particular, trainees will gain:
- Familiarization with the use of engines and helm for ship maneuvering;
- An understanding of the effects on the behavior of the ship of wind, current, shallow water, banks and narrow channels and condition of loading ;
- A greater awareness and understanding of a good interactive communication style and benefit of building up a common shared mental model of the planned passage.
- A greater understanding and awareness of efficient bridge procedures and bridge teamwork during watchkeeping and ship handling, in normal and emergency situations
- understanding of the effects of wind, current, shallow water, banks and narrow channels
- A greater awareness of the importance of planning a passage or manoeuvre and the need for an alternative plan
- Teacher: Muhammad Farhan Bin Azzhar